Volvik To Launch Extreme Distance Ball, DS-77, At 2014 PGA Show
"The DS-77 will be the best of both worlds," said Don Shin, President of Volvik USA. "It will be a good performer around the greens and it will be long. The other really important performance benefit is the DualSpin core. It will offer two kinds of spin: off the driver it will produce a low spin that is designed to reduce side spin, improving accuracy. On short irons, the spin rates will increase as you get closer to the green, allowing the golf ball to check up properly."
The DS-77 was made to address the most common problems among amateur golfers. By reducing side spin, slices and hooks are reduced for increased accuracy and longer distance. This golf ball is designed for moderate swing speed players needing help with side spin reduction and distance gain. The DS in the name of the ball stands for Distance and Spin as well as for the DualSpin core technology featured in the golf ball. The 77 portion of the name is the compression of the golf ball.
"When we launched to the US market, we wanted to establish our brand as a high-end, tour quality brand," said National Director of Sales and Marketing, Jon Claffey. "We feel that with the success we have had on the LPGA Tour and now with the signing of some of the biggest male professionals in golf that we have accomplished that. With the launch of the DS-77 distance ball, we feel we have created the perfect selection of price ranges to reach every level of golfer, from our premium, in play on tour golf balls, to our best selling Crystal 3-piece golf balls to the DS-77, which will be our most affordable performance golf ball to date."
World leading technology makes Volvik and the DS-77golf balls some of the most innovative and forward thinking in the marketplace. Some of the innovation behind the DS-77 golf balls is detailed below:
• Features a high COR for maximum ball speed and a 77 compression to reduce driver spin, resulting in extreme distance
• High velocity core for maximum ball speed
• Low driver-spin and longer impact time increases distance and minimizes unnecessary side-spin
• DualSpin core produces less driver spin off the tee and more greenside spin with wedges
• Soft-core, cover and 372 dimple ball flight time delivers an increased flight time and reduces drag for more distance off the tee with 372 dimple pattern and soft DualSpin core
• Soft core produces a pleasant soft feel and more accurate shot control and an excellent putting feel
• Enhanced visibility provided by the brightest colors in golf
The DSS-77 will begin shipping to retailers on April 1, 2014 and will carry a MAP price of $22.99. It will be available in White, optic Yellow and optic Orange color options, providing maximum visibility.